7.18.2017

Junque flag canvas

Canvas Corp Brands is having a July #ccbchallenge called Flags of the World. I've already entered with my Sparkly Uncle Sam using colors of the US flag so I decided to do a flag canvas as well!

I started by cutting a piece of paper from the 7gypsies Order du jour collection. I liked the damask pattern but wanted a little more blue since it was representing the blue & stars section. I dipped my paint brush in some Tattered Angels Patina Glimmer Mist to add some blue & shimmer.


Next, I set about cutting strips of Canvas Corp's Fluted White paper & strips of burlap. I then spritzed the burlap with red and laid everything out on the canvas. 


After that, it was times to mess around with the junque I wanted to add! I didn't take pics because I was all over the place - I'd do one thing, then didn't like that, then I'd do something else, then I'd move it around. You'd be dizzy from all that mess! But in the end, I got it all together & here's the final result! 


I used different elements, such as 7gypsies Architextures, different snippets from their paper and/or ephemera, Tim Holtz, ribbon & trim, buttons - all very eclectic. It's got texture & height & whimsy! 





And I decided I didn't want the edge around the canvas all white so I added strips of burlap - I think it warms the whole thing up! 




Thanks for stopping by to see my take on our nation's flag & colors ala Canvas Corp style! 


7 comments:

  1. Hey! Love your project for our challenge at Canvas Corp Brands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - and thanks for stopping by! 💜

      Delete
  2. So many bits and bobs you used, Cathy! Lovely project, I like the idea!
    Thank you for joining in with our July challengeg at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. Cathy, I love this flag! You combined and enhanced so many elements from the different Canvas Corp lines! Great job! -- Laura from the Canvas Corp Creative Crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - and for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. So awesome!! I love the texture and all the amazing details, as well as the burlap around the edge- so smart! Thanks so much for joining in this month's Canvas Corp Brand challenge! We look forward to seeing you again! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete

Hey - Tell me something good!