7.07.2017

My first love - decoupaging bottles

So I'm in love with bottles & jars - I have them everywhere in my house! And my first love is decoupaging - if it was standing still, I'd cover it! But bottles & jars are my favorites to decoupage. And it was more than decoupaging - there was embellishing & mixed media components involved. I like the interesting shapes & sizes and the larger ones will take a whole 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper. And I don't know if you're like me but I hoard  have some scrapbook paper....like a pad or two  a few hundred sheets over 1,000 😃. So, on with the picture parade!

So this lovely ended up with my daughter-in-law - - she gets all the good stuff somehow 😒


I think my favorite part about it is the sprinkler head 😜  I used paper from G45s Steampunk Spells collection... 




Some of them were just simple... 




And then there's these lovelies - a labor of love



Fussy cutting, glitter, acrylic, gemstones....



Crackle...and that lovely amethyst bottle stopper



Just something fun and shabby.




Now this one is out there - an owl bride 😲 I found the pic of a victorian bride and did some Photoshopping with an owl face....



I added acrylic to her eyes so they're kind of creepy....



I thought she was kind of unusual and fun with the boa feathers 😚


I think my favorite is this liquer bottle I turned into a phone



Bottles are alot of fun to transform. And there are many different media and techniques out there besides decoupaging. I have some other lovelies that are painted with Mod Podge mixed with food coloring and some that incorporate Borax - - yes, you heard correctly! It crystallizes to form awesome formations - if you flunked chemistry, never fear! It's easy to do & you can experiment with different items. But that will be for another post at another time so stay tuned! 




2 comments:

  1. Love your bottles, they are wonderful. I think I am with you, love that sprinkler head, cool! Bottles are so fun, thanks for sharing them!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate it. Look forward to working with you!

      Delete

Hey - Tell me something good!