7.09.2017

People come in all shapes, sizes, & colors

There's a Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38 going on and it's all about altered embellishments!



So I'm looking at my stash of stuff & see my mini people. And then realize I have different types of people - plastic, pressed pulp, paper - and different sizes, from large to teeny tiny.  And they were either white or sepia.  So I decided to do a little mini canvas with my peeps!

I started by choosing my canvas and peeps - most I used, some I didn't, some I changed as I went along. I actually woke up in the middle of the night with an idea and had to jot it down!


Then I covered the whole canvas in black gesso.


Then the fun part - color!  I got out my Lindy's Gang Moon Shadow Mist and Starbursts sprays and went to town. Using these on a black background really is dazzling.


And then my peeps....I started adding water colors to the sepia Tim Holtz paperdolls.  


After adding color to the rest of my gang, using various things like sprays, waxes, & rub 'n buff, my creation was complete!


The idea in the middle of the night was to add the wedding couple in the back to be a sort of back drop.


Found a cute quote from Tim Holtz to break up the monotony...I thought the words fit well with the theme.



I hope you've enjoyed this little project - me and my altered peeps thank you for stopping by!  Please leave a comment or two & follow me on my oddly appealing adventures!!




      

4 comments:

  1. I always love your last minute additions. The quote fits well♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you're my biggest fan! 💙

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so clever and I love the idea behind it, - brilliantly put together! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by - I appreciate it!

      Delete

Hey - Tell me something good!