7.17.2017

Pieces of a kids meal becomes art!

For some reason, I got a kids meal a couple months ago and it had this toy something or other in it that you put together. So I said, 'I can use those parts for later'. And now, later has arrived!


I got a small canvas, painted it with black gesso, and set about arranging my pieces. To the happy meal toy pieces, I added a button battery, some miscellaneous watch parts, a Prima Art bolt, and a little man. After gluing, I painted everything with black gesso and got out my waxes and rub 'n buff.






You can get inspiration for a project anywhere - even a kids meal toy!  So the next time you're driving through a fast food restaurant, get yourself a kids meal....but don't tell your kids. 😋

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun. What a great way to make art out of your kid's meal toy. Now it has a steampunk feel to it.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cec! I save everything - you never know how you'll use it! 🖤

      Delete

Hey - Tell me something good!