7.10.2017

Sparkly Uncle Sam

There's a new Dare at Emerald Creek for July called Fireworks & Sparks AND a #ccbchallenge over at Canvas Corp Brands called Flags of the World which inspired me in my latest project: an Uncle Sam segmented puppet!  It's all about the red, white, and blue!

When I think of July, I think of Uncle Sam, patriotism, and sparklers. I had this printout of an Uncle Sam puppet that was just too all-American to pass up.



So I got to work cutting him out. And then came the embossing - you can really see the difference that made.


And glittering....and even flocking on his hair & beard which is hard to tell but he is fuzzy! 


Once that's all done, we put him all together! 


He's got Wow! red embossing on his stripes and tie, Wow! white embossing on his stars and sleeve cuffs, Wow! metallic copper sparkle embossing on his buttons, hat, and lapels, and blue glitter on his vest and hat. I even made him a silver glittery sparkler! 


I attached a little dowel to him using velcro and stuck him in a jar. 


I even took him outside and he kicked up his heels! 



Thanks for stopping by - Uncle Sam salutes you! Leave me a comment and sign up for email updates! 

UPDATE:  Uncle Sam was a Top 3 Winner in the Emerald Creek Dares Contest! 
UPDATE UPDATE: He was also featured in the CCB challenge! 





8 comments:

  1. What a cute little fellow! Thanks for joining this months challenge at Canvas Corp Brands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a great project, love your sparkly Uncle Sam! Thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares for our Fireworks and Sparks challenge this month, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable and speaks right to my heart!! Thanks for entering the CCB July challenge! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Uncle Sam! Lovely project!!
    Thank you for joining in with our July challengeg at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable vintage-style Uncle Sam! -- Laura from Canvas Corp Creative Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! What a fantastic project, and so patriotic! Congrats on your EC Dares win! Thanks so much for joining us for July's Canvas Corp Brand challenge! We look forward to seeing you again! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete

Hey - Tell me something good!