8.08.2017

A plain kraft notebook becomes a work of art

The Frilly and Funkie Blog challenge currently going on is Read Any Good Books Lately? ~ create something book-related in the vintage or shabby style. This is the second of 2 entries for me.


I used a plain kraft notebook that I got at my craft store and turned it into a little art journal. I removed some pages because I didn't want it too bulky - I used bulky embellishments throughout so cutting down the amount of pages was a must.


Inking, distressing, crackle, words & phrases, lacquer highlighting, stamping, ink splotches - even a pop out. There's an adventure of every page!







The pages feel stiff & everything sounds crinkly & crispy - vintage perfection! Like leafing through an ancient book that's been stuffed away in an attic in an old box that's gone through some moisture & heat damage.

So much to look at - makes you feel like you're traveling through time, peeking into someone's travel diary....



I finished it off with a beautiful garden scene with Scripture. No garden is complete without butterflies!








Thank you for taking this journey with me! It was alot of fun to create and a great creative outlet. Grab your own blank journal & transform it into your own personal, creative journey!







4 comments:

  1. Well, there it is! Tee Hee! I just came from your first entry, and I loved that! But this one takes the cake for me! I can almost hear those pages crinkling! Oh, and that pop up is such a delight! I want to own this book! Love it to BITS! I'm thrilled to see this in my books challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Well done, you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara - it's one of my favs also!

      Delete
  2. Oh such great pages! I'm loving each and every collage and that awesomely crackled cover. I'm launching a new blog for book makers, so please check it out: https://minialbummakers.blogspot.com/
    Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn - I will! I love making junk journals and art journals and mini books. Sound like fun! xoxo

      Delete

Hey - Tell me something good!