8.04.2017

#OMG

I'm playing along with Creative Embellishments and their August Challenge ~ it's all about inspiration found in this photo - and you have to use a hashtag:



The first thing I saw was COLOR!  Then girlie things! And there looks like some arrows in there! So I went to work!

I had a copy of Anne of Avonlea that I've been wanting to start art journaling in. I picked up the book, thought about doing this project in the middle, and then I saw it: a chapter called 'A Question of Color'. Seriously - is that kismet or what? And look at the cover - so colorful - double kismet! 


 I started off with a light layer of white gesso....


 ...and then the color...and some ideas about some CE embellishments I had...


I kept layering on color, added some stamped words, some crackle paste through a stencil, some mini art stones & it just all came together!


I embossed the eyeglasses from the Detective Set as well as a couple arrows from the Grunge Arrows collection. 



I outlined some things in black - including some words in the text of the chapter that I thought were awesome - and blackened the edges to frame it. My hashtag is #OMG because.....well, OMG - the color! And the girls faces & the eyeglasses!



I had so much fun making this journal spread and couldn't have been any luckier to happen upon a chapter in a book with a title that fit this challenge theme so perfectly!           





17 comments:

  1. I will certainly tell you something good because this IS cool! Loved reading your process and by the way--love the white font you use! Thanks for joining in at CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Marci! I love hearing from people & I'm glad you enjoyed what you saw! xoxo

      Delete
  2. that is so cool! love how the page goes perfect with the book, Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I couldn't believe how everything came together!

      Delete
  3. This is kismet! A real piece of art! Thanks for playing along with the monthly challenge at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG so creative... amazing job. thanks for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I like the eyeglasses! Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool.. thanks for sharing with us over at Creative Embellishments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. I really loved to see your altered pages, love the faces that you included. Thanks for joining our Creative Embellishments challenge & good luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - fingers crossed! 🤞 xoxo

      Delete
  8. Fantastic work, love your process. Thanks for joining in our Creative embellishments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. artsy and fun! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous spread! Love how the title of the chapter lined up with your vision for your journal pages! Wonderful colors, textures, and details! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments August Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hey - Tell me something good!